roommate went South
onetitfemme
2006-07-04 17:13:51 UTC
.
My roommate hasn't paid rent for July and I have tried to contact her
in anyway I could to no avail.
.
I decided to enter her room thinking she had just left without telling
me (she wouldn't talk much anyway, even though we were nice to each
other and never had issues or anything)
.
She left some of her belongings in the room and I need advice on how to
dispose of her belongings so I can rent the room out to someone else.

Is there a certain amount of time that I have to wait to rent the room
out, what type of legal notice do I need to give and what do I do with
her things?
.
Thanks for the tips
otf
EvilOppressorOfConservatives
2006-07-04 17:57:17 UTC
Post by onetitfemme
Hi,
.
My roommate hasn't paid rent for July and I have tried to contact her
in anyway I could to no avail.
.
I decided to enter her room thinking she had just left without telling
me (she wouldn't talk much anyway, even though we were nice to each
other and never had issues or anything)
.
She left some of her belongings in the room and I need advice on how to
dispose of her belongings so I can rent the room out to someone else.
Is there a certain amount of time that I have to wait to rent the room
out, what type of legal notice do I need to give and what do I do with
her things?
.
Thanks for the tips
otf
Well... ... ... Let's start with: "What STATE yer in"...

Then let's hear about the Existence/NONexistence of the Written/Formal
Lease Agreement...

Naughtius "Tha FACTS, Ma'am... JUST The Facts" Maximus
--
"...He's a Rebel
And he'll never ever be any good

"The FIRST thing we do, let's KILL all the TVs"

"...And those that are Fools
Let them use their Talents..."

COMING SOON: naughtius.org
onetitfemme
2006-07-05 11:26:00 UTC
Post by EvilOppressorOfConservatives
Well... ... ... Let's start with: "What STATE yer in"...
otf: I live in NYC. Her main residence was in Boston, MA and I think
she was looking for a job here in NYC, but I don't know if she got it
or not ...
.
Post by EvilOppressorOfConservatives
Then let's hear about the Existence/NONexistence of the Written/Formal
Lease Agreement...
otf: She was not formally included in the lease. She knew about the
room from the craigslist and there wasn't any other formality than her
written statement on a check and my caching it. In a sense I have been
incredibly lucky with roommates so far this way
.
Thanks
Phil
2006-07-13 12:23:13 UTC
On 5 Jul 2006 04:26:00 -0700, "onetitfemme"
Post by onetitfemme
Post by EvilOppressorOfConservatives
Well... ... ... Let's start with: "What STATE yer in"...
otf: I live in NYC. Her main residence was in Boston, MA and I think
she was looking for a job here in NYC, but I don't know if she got it
or not ...
If she went back to Boston, the only way to collect money from her is
through small claims court in Boston. You must file where the
defendant lives and/or works.

Phil
======
visit the New York City Homebrewers Guild website:
http://www.hbd.org/nychg
slim
2006-07-14 01:07:10 UTC
Post by onetitfemme
Post by EvilOppressorOfConservatives
Well... ... ... Let's start with: "What STATE yer in"...
otf: I live in NYC. Her main residence was in Boston, MA and I think
she was looking for a job here in NYC, but I don't know if she got it
or not ...
If she went back to Boston, the only way to collect money from her is
through small claims court in Boston. You must file where the
defendant lives and/or works.
WOW! Travel to Boston, hotels, gas, meals, to file a bullshit lawsuit?

If the original poster was so stupid not to get VALID ID and a deposit,
he deserves to get screwed.
- Slim
Phil
2006-07-04 22:09:05 UTC
On 4 Jul 2006 10:13:51 -0700, "onetitfemme"
Post by onetitfemme
Hi,
.
My roommate hasn't paid rent for July and I have tried to contact her
in anyway I could to no avail.
.
I decided to enter her room thinking she had just left without telling
me (she wouldn't talk much anyway, even though we were nice to each
other and never had issues or anything)
.
She left some of her belongings in the room and I need advice on how to
dispose of her belongings so I can rent the room out to someone else.
Is there a certain amount of time that I have to wait to rent the room
out, what type of legal notice do I need to give and what do I do with
her things?
I had a roommate that tried moving out without telling me (I found out
through other means). He left a bunch of his things behind saying he
was going to pick them up.

After four months, I found out where he moved to and took him to
court. The arbitrator told me that I was legally responsible for
keeping his things and he was required to pay his share of the rent.

Phil
======
visit the New York City Homebrewers Guild website:
http://www.hbd.org/nychg
slim
2006-07-05 19:03:55 UTC
Post by Phil
On 4 Jul 2006 10:13:51 -0700, "onetitfemme"
Post by onetitfemme
Hi,
.
[...]
So what was the ultimate result?

He still owes you the money, and you are still wanking to his old Club
magazines?
- Slim
Phil
2006-07-06 02:25:58 UTC
Post by slim
Post by Phil
On 4 Jul 2006 10:13:51 -0700, "onetitfemme"
Post by onetitfemme
Hi,
.
[...]
Don't interrupt the adults when they're talking, Mike.

Phil
======
visit the New York City Homebrewers Guild website:
http://www.hbd.org/nychg
slim
2006-07-06 06:30:11 UTC
Post by Phil
Post by slim
Post by Phil
On 4 Jul 2006 10:13:51 -0700, "onetitfemme"
Post by onetitfemme
Hi,
.
[...]
Did I strike a nerve with you Phil over your classic "Strokebook" collection?

You made a proclimation, we want to hear the result.

You RepubLICKans spew on and on abour "nuisance lawsuits"....seems like
you filed one!

So I ask AGAIN...what was the ultimate result of your frivilous lawsuit?

Did you ever get the money "owed" you? <snigger>
--
- Slim